strength and weaknessess
3.1 SWOT ANALYSIS
This school has its Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats as indicated below:
1. Very accessible: 50 meters off Nakuru-Nyahururu Road- approx.5km from Nakuru town.
2. Has strong support from all the stakeholders.
3. Land title deed available.
4. Rich student catchment
5. Adequate, qualified and committed teaching and non-teaching staff.
6. Committed body of BOM and PTA.
7. Fenced compound and a gate.
8. Electricity available.
1. Inadequate physical facilities- Classes, laboratory, library and administration block.
2. Inadequate teaching and learning materials.
3. Limited land size- Calling for construction of storied buildings only.
4. Low student’s entry behavior.
5. Poor payment of levies since most parents are low income earners.
6. Abdication of responsibilities by parents
1.Government funds (FDSE)
2.NGO’sand other well-wishers
3.There are several primary schools around, hence a strong student’scatchment area.
4. Constituency Development Funds(CDF)
5.Accessibility of the school
6.Strong good will of the community
1. Illiteracy among the surrounding community
2. Delayed FSE funds
3. Orphaned and vulnerable children
4. Availability of drugs close to the school.
5. Religious sects and cults
6. Unemployment among parents
7. Crimes and general insecurity within the surrounding area.